Hi to anyone reading my blogs sorry it’s been a while but not been i a position to blog. After leaving Padstow stayed at Treyarron Point I camped the night at the rear of a YHA some stunning scenery on the way to Padstow.

Coming into Padstow harbour
Ric Stein seems to own half the town he must be loaded. Stayed at a nice campsite just out of town. Seeing I am suppose to be going to John o Groats so the rules are i am not allowed to catch a ferry so instead of trying to make my way back onto the South coast trac from Waybridge I went inland and took the Camel trail which was over 17 miles so around 34 kl believe me I was pooped at the end also my feet hurt like hell. I ended up in a small town called Churchtown on the edge of the Boding moores. There was no accomodation to be had or even camp site . So feeling a bit disgruntled to say the least I went into the local pub I got cheating to a few of the locals who tried to help me find somewhere.In the end they suggest it wild camp on the edge of the mores so after about four pints and a goos feed that was it I slept like a baby.

Today I decided to walk north and head back towards the coast path from Churchtown to 

Camelford then on to Boscastle. I must admit probably the lowest point in my trip it started off ok I was following OS maps on a trail the trail was over grown with stinger weed and I got lost a couple of time adding a few more kl to the trip. From Camelford to Boscastle it started off good then I decided on another trail as a short cut this one was even worse then the one prior then to top it all off it started to pour down so I got soaked through walking in the rain for around two hours. When i reached Boscastle a lovely little town it looked like all accommodation was taken  so I was feeling sucidal by thenSo I decided to ring the YHA there as a last resort the guy said there was nothing exept a four bed self contained room so I said how much was that he said 59 pounds I said I would take it he said ok then he said it was actually cheaper 39  so I was wrapped and booked it for two night to let my feet heel. It is a lovely little town so this lifted my spirits no end😊.



Comments

  1. It sounds like SAS training start up. We admire your perseverance, keep grinding it out, and are sure that as the weather improves so will your mileage. It is great to hear the many district and town names which we first came across when we holidayed around Devon and Cornwall with parents at our tender ages of 17. Wishing you lots of stamina, keep it going, you are fantastic.

    Jacqueline and Robin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cotswold Wayyyyyyyyy

Day 7